CYO Player/Parent Contract
A printable version of this contract can be found at the end of this page.
SAINT GREGORY’S CYO BASKETBALL
PLAYER AND PARENT CONTRACT
SAINT GREGORY’S CYO TRAVEL BASKETBALL has selected your son/daughter,
__________________________________________(“PLAYER’S NAME”) to
Participate on one of our teams for the upcoming 2019-2020 season.
Parents play an important role in the development of a successful basketball
player. Parents MUST be a positive influence in the basketball experience, and
it is imperative that parents speak and act in a positive and acceptable manner
throughout the season including games, practices, and tournaments.
Coaches MUST BE TREATED with respect, and any questions or concerns
regarding the operation of the CYO program should be addressed according to
the following guidelines.
PARENTS SHOULD CONTACT THE COACH (24 HOUR RULE) TO SET UP A CALL OR
APPOINTMENT TO MEET WITH THE COACH TO ADDRESS CONCERNS REGARDING
THE BASKETBALL PROGRAM. IT IS NOT APPROPRIATE TO DO THIS IMMEDIATELY
PRECEDING OR AFTER A GAME.
Parents must refrain from criticizing or making any negative comments towards
their son/daughter, teammates, coaches, opponents, officials or other parents
throughout the season.
Players must refrain from criticizing or making negative comments to their
teammates, opponents, coaches, or officials throughout the year.
PLAYER AND PARENT AGREEMENT
When our PLAYERS compete, each player is a representative of the SAINT
GREGORY’S COMMUNITY, and must follow all the RULES AND GUIDELINES listed
in this document.
As such, IF A PLAYER shall:
1. Fail to follow the General Rules and Guidelines
2. Consistently exhibits bad sportsmanship OR
3. Consistently displays negative behavior
PARENTS must be positive and supportive of players, coaches and opponents
As such, IF A PARENT shall:
1. Fail to follow the Parents Role
2. Exhibits Bad Sportsmanship
3. Have a disorderly conduct and make negative comments about the
players and/or coaching staff OR
4. Discuss issues regarding PLAYING TIME just prior to, during or
immediately following games.
FAILURE TO FOLLOW THESE GUIDELINES WILL RESULT IN IMMEDIATE
SUSPENSION OF PLAYING, AND THAT PLAYER’S PARTICIPATION IN OUR
PROGRAM MAY BE TERMINATED.
PLAYER GENERAL RULES OF CONDUCT
AS A MEMBER OF SAINT GREGORY’S CYO BASKETBALL, I WILL ABIDE
BY THE FOLLOWING GUIDELINES:
1. I will treat the coaching staff respectfully at ALL TIMES
2. I will play the game of basketball without questioning coaching decisions
in regard to who is starting, substitution patterns and playing time.
3. I will be courteous and respectful to my teammates and their parents
4. I will be respectful in public and display good character as I represent
the Saint Gregory’s Basketball Program.
5. I will not participate in any “HORSEPLAY” which may injure my
teammates, myself or any other people associated with the Saint
Gregory’s Basketball Program.
6. I will be respectful of gymnasiums and understand that it is a privilege to
play in the facilities provided.
7. I will be POSITIVE AND PLAY HARD regardless of the score or situation.
8. I will follow these RULES OF CONDUCT, and I understand that if I fail to
comply with these rules, I may be removed from the CYO program.
9. I make a pledge that when I step on the court, “I’LL BE FOCUSED ON
PLAYING BASKETBALL AND SUPPORTING MY COACHES AND
BY SIGNING THIS, EACH PLAYER AND PARENT HAS READ AND AGREED TO THE
RULES OF CONDUCT, THE PLAYER CONTRACT AND THE PLAYER AND PARENT
AGREEMENT LISTED ABOVE:
***PLEASE NOTE BY EXECUTING THE PARENT SIGNATURE THIS INCLUDES ALL
Printable version can be found HERE